Summer in Milan open air: activities and tips to experience the city under multiple aspects!
Summer in Milan is a way to experience the city open air, and all the things that this metropolis has to offer in the hottest season, with all its nuances, that nothing has to envy to the cold season!
Aperitifs outside, walking in the public parks, sunsets from the top terraces, tasty gelato to freshen up during the hottest days… all this means summer in Milan, a city that is unique in its kind, making you feel like you are always travelling, disocvering new things, with no need to jump on trains or planes!
But let’s see what are the activities you can have open air during the next months. Here are the most curious and unusual ones:
- Go to Aruba but stay in the city! Visit the beautiful Villa Invernizzi and admire its lovely pink flamingos! Instagram approved!
- Are you dreaming of northern colder countries , and are wondering how igloos look like? Go for a walk in the Maggiolina quarter, area that was built in the 40s. The buildings of the area, with their circular roof, really look like brick igloos!
- Summer in Milan and we think of the Navigli! In honour of the 500 years from the death of the greatest Italian artist and genius ever, Leonardo da Vinci, you can’t miss the visit to the small naviglio, ideated indeed by Leonardo, the Martesana, that links Porta Nuova to the Como Lake.
- Are you dreaming to relax at the beach also when in the city? For you the solution is the thermal springs of Porta Romana: in their outside area you will soon feel like at the beach, between sun beds, aperitifs and pools to dive in! Perfect for a break day between your touristy activities or business meetings!
- Go for a bite at the Triennale! Just for a good coffee in the fresh air of its garden, or a snack served in one of the most beautiful terraces of Milan, with view over the Sforzesco Castle and the entire Milanese skyline. This is the perfect location for you!
- Ready to ride your bicycle? The city is famous for its cycle tracks, that let you move easily around, experiencing Milan in the open air, admiring its architectural beauty. Going down the naviglio Martesana, why not continuing to Lecco as well with the long cycle track connecting to the city! To move just around Milan instead, you can always ask for our hotel bicycle rental service, you just need to ask the desk for all the information!